Saturday 1 April 2017

Challenge #108 - Smile

Hello there, CAS Addicts!

It's time for another challenge! Susan is our Hostess, and she has chosen the Code Word: Smile!


Over the last few months we have been a bit 'lax-a-daisy' when it comes to being Clean and Simple. We all stretch the limits at times and it is very easy to pop on that little extra something - sometimes that will tip things over to the not so clean and simple side (let's call it the dark side lol). 

So! Here at ATCAS, we are getting back to basics with our approach to CAS. We've all put our hands up and admitted we've broken the rules ourselves at times. We want to help you all get in touch with your CAS side (the light side lol).


Stick to the rules above and you shouldn't have any problems. Now, where it says ONE main focal point - what does that mean exactly? Well, when you first glance at someones card, for example, are you drawn to one particular part of the card or are your eyes dancing left, right, and center looking at all the gorgeous bits and pieces going on? If your eyes are dancing, then this card probably isn't CAS.
Having one main focal point could mean a number of things too. You may have a 'cluster' of images - flowers, balloons, etc) but they are contained into a specific area of the card. This is ok!

Our best advice is that if you are thinking "should I really add that extra button, ribbon, or embellishment to my card?", then the answer is NO. Hold back, tie your hands around your back, and don't touch anything!! 

We hope this has helped. If you have ANY questions or need help with learning how to refine your CAS style, please comment below and we will be more than willing to assist.


Happy Little Stampers is our Sponsor, and Kyle is offering a $15.00 GC to her shop for the winner of this challenge!


We also have a super sweet and incredibly talented Guest Designer (Winner of Challenge #106) -
Asa J.



Hi scrappyfriends!

I´m a very proud Swedish girl who got this opportunity to be Guest Designer here at lovely Addicted to CAS. 
My name is Åsa Johansson and I´m 40 years young. I´m a teacher and mom to 3 kids. 
I started with scrapbooking and cardmaking in 2007 when I was pregnant with my twins and couldn´t go to work. It just hit me, I´m celebrating 10 years with scrap this year!!!
I love my hobby. I´m addicted to it and I´m not planning to stop with it. Never. 
My style is mostly Clean and Simple, even when I do layouts. 
I hope I can inspire you to join this challenge. 
If you want to see more of my work please stop by My Blog and say hi!

Hugs!

Åsa



And now, here is some more inspiration from our Team

Susan (Hostess)









Now, we turn it over to you, and we can't wait to see how the Code Word 'Smile' inspires you! Have fun!
And, don't forget to keep it Clean & Simple!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for that wonderful explanation - I have saved it! I have seen so many challenges which are meant to be CAS and even the design teams don't seem to realise what it means!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.